Date : May 3rd, 2013 Venue: 3728 Pemberton Way, High Point, NC 27265
Newly elected TNCC’s first full body board meeting was held at President Mr. Narayan khadka’s residence on May 3rd 2013. The former officers, Board members & TNCC website administrator Mr. Ajit Karki were also in attendance.
The following decisions were made on the meeting:
1. The hand over process was completed.
2. TNCC life member Mrs. Susma Dhakal was unanimously nominated for the vacant Vice- President position of TNCC for the tenure of 2013-2015. The Board congratulated Mrs. Susma Dhakal on her nomination.
3. The meeting decided to appreciate the former members of the TNCC Board for their time, commitment and services to the Nepali Community in the Triad. The certificate of appreciation will be presented to them in order to honor their services. The election commissioners of the recent election were greatly appreciated.
4. The meeting also decided to form a numbers of committees under the umbrella of TNCC to perform various programs and festivals. Following are the proposed Committees and the nominated chairs for the upcoming year 2013-2015. The chairs will fill the respective committees in consultation with the Board from the members of the TNCC Community.Community Center Acquisition Task Force, Dr. Ritesh PoudyalNepali School (Pathshala), Dr. Narayan Bhattarai & Mahendra ThapaYouth and Sports Committee , Mr. Roshan Bhandari & Dr. Ritesh PoudyalCultural program Committee, Mr.Bishal Bharati & Naresh ThapaliyaFund raising Committee, Mr. Basanta KhadkaAdvisory CommitteeIT Committee, Mr. Ajit Karki & Ujwal ChaliseBy-Laws Amendment Committee, Dr. Manoj JhaGrant Committee, Dr. Manoj JhaOutreach Committee
5. The meeting also decided to create an event calendar for upcoming year 2013. The Board also decided to appeal all the members of TNCC to participate in all events. The following are the events and the dates finalized for the upcoming programs and festivals. 1. Mosaic Festival June 8th 2013 (Fund raising program) 2. TNCC Participation in NASEA/ANMA joint convention Aug 30 the Sept. 2nd 20133. Teej Program (Dar Khane) Sept.7th 20134. Dashain Festival with Cultural performance Oct.5th 2013 5. Deushi Bhailo November 3rd and 4th 2013
6. Blood Drive( Date TBD)7. Sports and Recreation Activities in summer (ZOO, Barbeque) (Date-TBD)8. Holi (Date-TBD)
6. TNCC group email account will be created. TNCC Board of Director Dr. Ritesh Poudyal will take care of this task. Also, he will be exploring the idea of TNCC e-newsletter.7. The meeting decided to hold the Board of Directors’ regular meeting on the first Thursday of each Month.