The Triad Nepalese Community Center (TNCC) of the Triad Region (Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem) North Carolina is proud to announce the successful purchase of a suitable land to build a community center. This center, named as Nepali Heritage Center of Carolinas (NHCC), will be dedicated to support TNCC’s mission for the community welfare by facilitating community services including providing space for cultural events, Nepali Pathshala, and a worship place.
We want this Heritage Center to be a pride of all the Nepalis not just in the Triad but also the Carolinas (Triangle, Greater Charlotte), South Carolina and neighboring NASeA regions. We envision bright future for NHCC with tremendous amount of work and dedication lies ahead of us. Below mentioned are some of the tasks set forth by the Nepali Heritage Center of Carolinas (NHCC) Committee:
v Short term (4-6 months): Make the land suitable for hosting regular cultural activities. This includes demolition of existing public swimming pool and engineering backfill of the space.
v Medium term (2 years): Renovate the clubhouse to convert it into an open-floor hall with added infrastructure for heating and cooling systems.
v Long term (5 years): Build a large community hall and worship area.
We are constantly pursuing fund raising events and community support grant applications. We urge all Nepalese and friends of Nepal to support (morally as well as financially) our goal of successfully establishing NHCC in the Triad North Carolina. Please donate by sending check to: TNCC, 3519 Imperial Dr., High Point, NC 27265 or via PayPal by visiting the website at www.nctncc.org.
About TNCC: Triad Nepalese Community Center (TNCC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. It was established in 2010 by a group of Nepalese immigrants in the Triad area (Greensboro, High Point and Winston Salem) of North Carolina, USA. The mission of TNCC is to preserve the Nepalese cultural heritage by uniting the Nepalese community. The purpose of the center can be elaborated with the following goals:
- Preserve and promote Nepalese identity and cultural heritage
- Strengthen the fraternal ties of all people of Nepali origin in North Carolina, specially Triad Area
- Assist Nepali immigrants, refugees and other asylums with integration into the mainstream and help them become self-sufficient and independent
- Promote educational, social, cultural, and charitable activities
- Create an environment conducive to meeting mutual respect among Nepali ethnic people
- Support Nepal and Nepalese people in the fields of socio economic, cultural, educational and academic sectors
- Work with other associations and corporations collaboratively in order to achieve above listed long-term goals
- Create a “Nepali Heritage Center” for the Nepali and friends of Nepal.
Contact: Triad Nepalese Community Center (TNCC)
Facebook: Nepali Heritage Center of Carolinas (NHCC)