- Bring together Nepalese residents of this region and their friends to work cohesively toward preserving and promoting Nepalese ethnicity, culture and arts;
- Promote friendship, cooperation and mutual respect among the Nepalese people and the diverse Triad community;
- Provide direct and supportive services to the community;
- Empower community members to achieve skills and confidence in order to contribute to the well being of the Triad community, our new-found home;
- Collaborate closely with local organizations and agencies to fulfill our mission to address any challenges of our community.
In order to achieve its mission, TNCC wants to create a Community Center in the Triad that will become the focal point for the preservation and promotion of Nepalese ethnic identity and cultural heritage, and be able to provide direct and supportive services for the community. We would like to appeal to all to support us in realizing this goal by helping us in whatever little way you can. Since TNCC is still at its infancy, your encouragement and financial contributions towards builiding this Community Center will help tremendously.
Mission of this organization is to preserve the Nepalese Cultural heritage by uniting the Nepalese community, delivering direct and supportive services for the community, creating opportunity for the community members and enabling them for competence and well-being in the Triad Area. The purposes of the organization are:
- To preserve and promote Nepalese identity and cultural heritage;
- To strengthen the fraternal ties of all people of Nepali origin in North Carolina, Specially Triad Area;
- To assist Nepali immigrants, refugees and other asylees with integration in to the mainstream of the United States of America and help them to become self-sufficient and independent;
- To help Nepal and Nepalese people in the field of socioeconomic, cultural, educational and academic sectors;
- To promote educational, social, cultural, and charitable activities;
- To create an environment conducive to meeting mutual respect among Nepali ethnic people;
- To work with other associations and Corporations collaboratively in order to achieve its purposes.
Wikipedia describes The Piedmont Triad, or Triad, as “a north-central region of the U.S. state of North Carolina that consists of the area within and surrounding the three major cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point. This close group or “triad” of cities lies in the Piedmont geographical region of the United States and forms the basis of the Greensboro—Winston-Salem—High Point CSA. The metropolitan area is connected by Interstates 40, 85, 73, & 74 and is served by the Piedmont Triad International Airport. Long known as one of the primary manufacturing and transportation hubs of the southeastern United States, the Triad is also an important educational and cultural region and occupies a prominent place in the history of the American Civil Rights Movement. As of 2008, the Piedmont Triad has an estimated population of 1,603,101 making it the 30th largest CSA metropolitan area in the United States.”